Shoes and clothes made of suede look very beautiful and stylish, emphasize the taste of their owner, however, it is important that the products look neat and well-groomed. Fans of this natural material should learn how to use paint for modern suede shoes at home.
Suede is a leather made in a special way – fat tanning. For its production, skins of different animals are used:
- a deer;
Due to the dressing, the material is smooth, pleasant to the touch, velvety and very attractive. However, suede requires special care, because thin skin is very moody. Particular care must be taken when painting shoes. This procedure will help to update the appearance of the product, return bright colors to it, but only if it is correctly performed.
Suede is an expensive and difficult material to work with, so you should adhere to recommendations that do not spoil your favorite shoes or boots during staining.
- Before painting, the product must be thoroughly cleaned with a brush from dust and dirt.
- Boots or shoes stuffed with paper. This will facilitate the work and help to avoid getting dye on the inside of the shoe. Heels, soles and zippers should be sealed with tape.
- It is important to choose the right shade.
- Universal paint for shoes suede is not suitable, you should choose a tool designed specifically for this material.
- High-quality paint is the key to success, so you can’t save. The best manufacturers are German and Italian.
- Aerosols and spray paints are most convenient to use, they allow you to achieve uniform application.
Glossy areas on shoes should be painted over especially carefully several times. They are processed in the first place, then you have to wait until the paint is completely dry, and then proceed to stain the rest of the surface.
Among manufacturers of paint for suede shoes, the products of which can be used at home, the following brands should be noted:
- The Salamander
With high quality, such tools have a very affordable price.
What to consider when buying paint?
- For shoes and other men’s shoes cream paint is suitable. It is applied with a brush or brush.
- Cream should be chosen with severe scuffs of the product.
- Aerosols and sprays should be used for boots, low shoes or boots.
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of shade, it is better to bring shoes to the store.
To paint suede shoes well at home, carefully prepare the product. First of all, clean with a special brush. If there is none, you can use a brush for clothes or a toothbrush, but you can’t smooth out the contaminated area – the dust will only absorb into the material, it will become much more difficult to get rid of it.
Destroy oily stains will help:
- a piece of chalk;
These substances are sprinkled on a contaminated area with a thin layer, left for 2-3 hours, then carefully removed with a soft cloth.
If there are salt stains on suede boots, it’s pretty easy to get rid of them. The following components will be required:
- water (glass);
- ammonia (½ tbsp. l.);
- liquid soap (1 tbsp. l.).
Alcohol and soap are added to water, then mix thoroughly. The sequence of further actions is as follows:
- a clean sponge is impregnated with the resulting product and wrung out;
- contaminated areas are wiped with a sponge;
- you must leave the composition on the shoes for 5 minutes for exposure;
- wipe with a piece of flannel.
Salt formation will disappear, and delicate material will not be affected.
You can complete the cleaning of the suede surface with vinegar (9%), a sponge is moistened with it, and with its help the surface is gently wiped. Then you should wait until the shoes are completely dry, and only after that proceed with staining.
The most convenient way to paint suede at home is with the help of special products that can be purchased at shoe stores. These include sprays, aerosols, balms, creams. The dye penetrates deep into the pores of the skin, allowing the color to remain bright for a long time.
There are several secrets and tricks that will help not to spoil an expensive couple.
- Before the procedure, the sole is sealed with tape (you can also use paper).
- If a spray gun is used, spray it evenly from a distance of about 20 cm from the product.
- When working with liquid paint or cream, the composition is squeezed onto the product and evenly distributed on the surface using a special sponge or brush.
- After applying the paint, wait until it is completely dry.
- Drying shoes from suede on a battery or using a hairdryer is not possible, so you have to wait until the product dries on its own. It is best to put a couple on the balcony, where fresh air is circulated.
- To paint evenly, it is necessary using a special brush to smooth out the fibers on the shoes in different directions.
- If shoes with lacing are painted, the laces are preliminarily removed, and the places of lacing are handled especially carefully, since it is on them that there are most often scuffs.
If the result is unsatisfactory, the painting can be repeated, but only after the product has completely dried.
The most common black color, which is cleaned very poorly, so you must work with gloves. In addition, it is important to adhere to a number of rules.
- In the room where the painting will be done, open the window.
- The floor must be protected with a plastic film.
The work itself should be carried out in a dressing gown with long sleeves, preferably in safety glasses.
Suede coloring is a simple matter, however it is very important to choose a quality product of a suitable shade and work carefully. This is the only way to restore your beloved couple to its former splendor.